1944: The Loop Master is the fifth game in the 1940 series, and the first one to not be developed by Capcom, which just distributed it. It was developed by Raizing/Eighting and released in 2000 for the CPS-2 Arcade board. It never received home ports.
Google translated from official site:
Sometimes in 1944 AD. The world was in the midst of a big war.
As a decisive battle weapon and a huge group of ships trying to reach the pole of completion.
The encounter of the destiny of the aircraft, which was about to undergo rapid change as a new weapon, dyed the Ohira ocean red with flames.
Here are the men who were fascinated by weapons, far away from the way of battle.
The soul trying to keep on fighting gathers in the desert seeking a battlefield in the sea of the South Sea.
Two people bravely dive into this permanent battlefield and bring ultimate.
P-38 Lightning, and Zero Fighter.
When the wings of silver slit through the subspaces and draw an arc, it is scarlet color of sunny day or blue of the empty space that reflects on Gankross.
This title takes the setting back to the Pacific Front of World War II after the departure from 19XX: The War Against Destiny. Players control the Lockheed P-38 Lightning and the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, notably the first and only time in the series where the player controls the Japanese fighter.
1944 is a return to the series roots, adapted to a more modern style of gameplay. The fuel gauge is back, though it never depletes automatically. There is only one weapon available, a fast firing forward shot, but despite this there are a handful of offensive options available to the player. By destroying parts of the scenery the player can pick up golden icons, which when collecting a certain amount allow the player to pick up the Side Fighters, which can be accumulated and replaced automatically whenever one is lost. Bombs once again have their own stock, creating a powerful screen-clearing blast when used, This time bombs are planes that kamikaze. If the player has no bombs left, he can sacrifice the side fighters for a small explosion.
The main gameplay mechanic in this game is the new charged attack: by holding the shot button, a gauge on the bottom of the screen will fill up, and when full the player fighter will fly higher up, unleashing a strong bullet barrage down and becoming invincible for the duration of the attack. After the attack is finished the gauge will enter a cooldown period, during which the player is unable to charge.
Missions and BossesEdit
- Mission 1: The Deep Blue - High Speed Destroyer "Nagi"
- Mission 2: Iron Beast Warcry - New Type Heavy Tank "Chouto"
- Mission 3: Jungle Fight - Prototype Attacker "Akane"
- Mission 4: The Rock Fortress - Cruising Tank "Noroshi"
- Mission 5: Eagle Territory - Intercontinental Bomber "Kyuoh"
- Mission 6: Devil Mountain - Special Attacker "Haruka"
- Mission 7: Nightmare Valley - Anti-Submarine Battle Cruiser "Kai"
- Mission 8: Fields Of War - Multi-Cannon Tank "Ishizue"
- Mission 9: Muddy Interceptor - Middle Class Bomber "Akatsuki"
- Mission 10: Storm Fortress - Super Gigantic Battleship "Kaijin"
- Mission 11: Oil Legion - Anti-Aircraft Battleship "Yu"
- Mission 12: Leviathan"s Mouth - Twin-Bodied Transporter "Take"
- Mission 13: Battle Of Green Field - Gigantic Fighter "Arashi"
- Mission 14: The Last Duel - Railed Tank "Goku"
- Mission 15: Bell Of Triumph - Moving Fortress "Apparetoride"